Some things that you should know about Bodybuilding Supplements
If you are serious about body building, you will want to consider adding some bodybuilding supplements to your nutritional program. Supplements are sort of like vitamins. They add to what you are already doing when eating right for body building and provide you with more of what your body needs to grow muscle.
You have many choices when it comes to body building supplements. There are hundreds of brands on the market, and the choice is up to you which one you want to use. They are all essentially the same, but some companies are more trustworthy than others. Pick a company that is well known and well-respected who has proven results.
Each body supplement has its own distinct advantages depending on what you are trying to achieve in your body building program. Protein helps build strong muscle, creatine combats fatigue allowing for longer, more effective workouts, glutamine helps combat the stress you are putting your body under during a workout, and nitric oxide increases the flow of muscle building agents to skeletal muscle.
Body building supplements are generally considered safe to use for most people. If you are considering using a supplement, you should check with a doctor first. If you have any underlying conditions, the doctor will be able to tell you if using a specific supplement can help or ultimately hurt you.
Supplements in a body building program are just part of the sports. You probably won’t find a serious body builder who doesn’t use them. But be sure to use those that are legal and safe to use. If they aren’t, you may find you are hurting yourself rather than helping.
Body building supplements can be great tools to help you grow muscles and enhance your workouts. It’s possible to get by without them, but they can really add to your workouts and help you achieve your body building goals. Choose your supplements wisely, and use them regularly. Then keep up with your body building routine and realize great results!
Here are 10 of the most effective Bodybuilding Supplements
Thousands of body building supplements have been introduced and tested. Some are proven to work while some are just waste of precious money. Experienced body builders and athletes have listed the top 10 effective bodybuilding supplements and these are the following:
1. Probiotics are made from good bacteria like acidopilus and bifidus. They help the digestive system to work properly. Manufactured products containing probiotics includes special powder, yogurts, probiotic drinks, and capsules. Probiotics are very important to body builders because they lower cholesterol level and they stimulate the body to produce alpha-interferon that regulates the immune response.
2. Meal replacement powders. These are great substitute for smaller meals that bodybuilders must take throughout the day. Meal replacements are great in accelerating weight loss and increasing lean muscle mass quickly. They are packed with vitamins, friendly fats, minerals, exact amount of carbohydrate and protein..
4. Maltodextrin. Also known as glucose polymer powder or multidextrose. A synthetic polysaccharide is being used by people who are involved in sports to meet the energy demands of extreme exercise. It is a food additive produced mainly from cornstarch. It can be quickly absorbed like glucose making it quicker for body builder to gain needed weight.
5. Protein powders. Most bodybuilders rely heavily on protein powders so that they get amount of protein they need to gain weight. Protein powder does not only help bodybuilders get the body they desire, but it also helps them build a stronger immune system and healthier skin. In addition, it also helps in developing muscle strength. Protein powders are made from soy, rice, egg, and whey. These are purchased in powdered form that can easily turn to protein shake by just adding water or mixing it with milk or fruit juice
6. Pre-workout drinks. These are energy drinks that contain one or more of stimulants like ephedra, guarana, or caffeine. These help bodybuilders in energizing their days workout. Pre-work out drinks generally contains carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals, creatine, and amino acids.
7. Creatine monohydrate. This is the leading bodybuilding supplement that was scientifically researched and was proven to improve overall performance. Its all-natural and can be found in many food like salmon, tuna, herring, and beef.
8. Creatine formulas. These usually come in powdered form that contains pure creatine monohydrate, carbohydrate dextrose, and sodium. Studies show that most bodybuilders choose this supplement because they get amazing result in no time.
9. Nutrition bars. These are useful for athletes who cannot find time to eat. There are different types of nutrition bars; these are high protein bars, sliming bars, and energy bars. These are not highly recommended for body builders because they usually contain fats and additives. They are also very expensive.
10. Glutamine. This is important because it increases the bodybuilder’s ability to secrete growth hormone that aids in supporting muscle growth and metabolizing body fat. Bodybuilder’s use glutamine to lose weight without sacrificing the size of their muscles. Supplement are definitely need for bodybuilding. Use the information above to get the best supplement and get your moneys worth.
Muscle protein synthesis is the key to increased muscle growth and strength. It is the critical element behind gaining lean mass. If you want to maximize your muscular growth, strength and athletic performance, you need to eat like a power athlete and train like a power athlete.